Help improve staff productivity, reduce time spent on payroll and keep on top of your compliance obligations with HR software that connects to Xero. Choose from HR apps and systems that can help simplify employee management in your small business.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars17Payroll HR, Time trackingPayHero makes payday super easy and compliant, with automatic calculation of employee pay and holidays from online timesheets and work patterns.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.88 out of 5 stars8Payroll HR, Time trackingUpload timesheets, leave and payslips to Xero Payroll and tasks and time to Xero Projects. Save time. Reduce errors. Say goodbye to copy & paste.
- Payroll HR1.45 out of 5 stars11Payroll HRXero Payroll makes managing staff stress free and helps employers stay compliant. The cloud platform allows you to organise all your business information in one handy place.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.05 out of 5 stars109Payroll HR, Time trackingSimplify Shift Work with Staff Scheduling, Time Tracking & Labor Compliance. Generate Xero invoices in one click from employees' worked time!
- Accountant tools, Payroll HR4.53 out of 5 stars32Accountant tools, Payroll HRAutomate as much of your payroll processes as you like with the power of a fully integrated payroll platform.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.6 out of 5 stars47Payroll HR, Time trackingManage and pay staff correctly for the time they work - quickly and compliantly. Get the most out of your workforce with Tanda’s live rostering, attendance and compliance tools.
- Payroll HR5 out of 5 stars47Payroll HRiPayroll provides a feature rich and easy to use payroll solution, making it simple to run each pay and manage leave, PAYE and employee records so your focus can be running the business.
- Payroll HRPayroll HRThankyou Payroll New Zealand’s best value payroll software and PAYE intermediary. Thankyou Payroll is all about payroll, impact and generosity - delivering an exception solution for small and medium businesses.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.91 out of 5 stars79Payroll HR, Time trackingRosterElf is a magically simple cloud based rostering system that takes the stress out of scheduling your employees. It integrates seamlessly with Xero to process timesheets and save you hours.
- Payroll HR4.57 out of 5 stars7Payroll HRDeel is the all-in-one platform made to simplify all things HR, built for global teams. It helps companies simplify every aspect of managing an international workforce, from culture and onboarding, to local payroll and compliance.
- Payroll HR, Reporting4.9 out of 5 stars82Payroll HR, ReportingXero Small Business App of the year FY2023! Manage Team availability with your existing apps by connecting LeaveCal to Xero. Approved leave is then fed directly into your calendar, email or slack. Complete the picture with your organisation's non payroll team members and hybrid work scenarios
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.8 out of 5 stars20Payroll HR, Time trackingYou’re busy. Payroll sucks. We make it breezy so you get back to the good stuff! Timesheets, wages, PAYE, IR filing, costing. For web, iOS & Android.
- Payroll HR5 out of 5 stars6Payroll HRCrystal Payroll is a leading cloud-based payroll platform that’s so clear, so simple, and so complete, that you’ll wonder why you didn’t try Crystal Payroll earlier. Our system is packed with all the features you need to ensure your payroll system works as clearly, and efficiently as possible.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars1Payroll HR, Time trackingRostering, Time & Attendance. Award interpretation. Specifically tailored to suit your business. Suitable for single or multi-site businesses.
- Custom integration, Payroll HR5 out of 5 stars1Custom integration, Payroll HRenvisionBX provides a two way API link between BambooHR HR Software and Xero Accounting Software for the first time globally. It makes the HR onboarding process super easy and efficient. Managing employee leave balances is also a breeze with this HR Software and Accounting Software integration.
- Documents, Payroll HR4.67 out of 5 stars8Documents, Payroll HRenableHR is an easy to use, legally-backed HRIS and WHS solution that empowers businesses to meet the challenges of delivering day-to-day HR management efficiently and cost effectively.
- Invoicing and jobs, Payroll HR5 out of 5 stars1Invoicing and jobs, Payroll HROne centralised platform to improve your businesses efficiencies with outstanding project and production management tools.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.5 out of 5 stars4Payroll HR, Time trackingStreamline time tracking and payroll processes with Timecloud’s seamless integration with Xero. Reduce manual data entry and gain real-time insights into staff timesheets and job costs.
- Payroll HR4.88 out of 5 stars8Payroll HRAppogee HR, Appogee Leave and Appogee Time Tracker are people software packages created with employees in mind. The Appogee HR & Xero integration provides seamless field updates between the services, synced both ways.
What is HR software?
HR payroll software, or human resources software, are tools that help improve processes related to employee management and performance, legal compliance, and internal organisation. Important for businesses of all sizes, HR apps help you stay on top of workplace initiatives and regulations, while helping employees get a great experience.
What are the benefits of HR software and payroll apps?
More efficient management teams of any size: A single source of information helps business owners or HR professionals manage workplaces of any size, and sole traders manage their accounting and payroll. Avoid expensive agency fees and cut down on costs with internal tools made for small business owners.
Improved employee experience: Ensure employees have access to their benefits, onboarding information, payroll and leave to give both you and them access to the information needed at any point in time.
Simplified legal compliance: Make regulatory compliance easier with HR management software that gives insights on specific actions for your local region. Receive guidance around award interpretation and compliance decision-making and never miss a deadline with automatic reminders.
Better hiring cycles: Reduce the time it takes to source, interview, hire, and onboard new talent. Track the prospect lifecycle and improve communication with candidates from interview through to onboarding and beyond.
What are the typical features I can use with HR software?
Payroll and compensation: Run payroll each pay period without the headache. Get access to salary history, tax information, and bonus structures to make accurately paying staff a breeze.
Benefits and expense administration: Help your team members pick benefits plans and track expense requests in one place. See where your employees are spending the most, what matters the most and track wellbeing trends.
Talent and rostering management: Find new talent and manage your current employees together. Set up new interviews, roster staff and allow shift change requests at the tap of a button.
Contractor invoicing: Hire one-off or fixed term contractors and easily receive invoices and sync them to your accounting platform.
How HR and payroll apps work with Xero
Whether you’re running a small business or managing employees across a dozen locations, keeping on top of your people and their payroll can be a set and forget task with the right apps.
Connecting your people management to your finances makes tracking hours, rates, expenses and payroll seamless. Just some of the features you can expect from connecting your HR or payroll app to Xero are:
Syncing for schedules, overtime, breaks and leave balances for current and future pay runs
Hourly or pro-rate time billing for casual, fixed-term or contracted staff
Updated pay rate management per area of work specific to your region
Find your fit
Every HR apps’ integration with Xero can be different. To learn more, browse through the HR and payroll apps in this category. Click on an app to find detailed information on how it works and integrates with your Xero account, and ratings and reviews by other Xero users. Want to try an app? You can then get started directly from the app listing page in just a few clicks.