Whether you're tracking a project or setting up timesheets, find the right time tracking app to suit your business. Simplify timesheets and tracking actual hours worked to make payroll a piece of cake with direct integration with your Xero account.
- Time tracking4.67 out of 5 stars22Time trackingTimely. The booking software that keeps clients coming back. Run your salon like a pro with easy-to-use booking software that puts you in control of the whole client experience.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.08 out of 5 stars108Payroll HR, Time trackingSimplify Shift Work with Staff Scheduling, Time Tracking & Labor Compliance. Generate Xero invoices in one click from employees' worked time!
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.51 out of 5 stars258Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingThe job management app for trade contractors & service businesses, with everything to help you cut paperwork, complete more jobs & provide amazing customer service.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.66 out of 5 stars147Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingThe fastest and easiest job management app for tradespeople. Tradify cuts out hours of admin, giving you your life back. Manage enquiries, quoting, job tracking, staff management, timesheets, invoicing & more! Trusted by thousands of tradespeople around the world.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking4.6 out of 5 stars47Payroll HR, Time trackingManage and pay staff correctly for the time they work - quickly and compliantly. Get the most out of your workforce with Tanda’s live rostering, attendance and compliance tools.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.52 out of 5 stars70Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingGet the job management software used by 1000's of plumbers, electricians and tradespeople around the world. Fergus manages your jobs from start to finish - quoting, scheduling, job tracking, invoicing - and integrates with Xero to give you a 360 view of how your business is performing.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking3.74 out of 5 stars36Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingSimple time tracking, powerful reporting, and quick invoicing. Trusted by over 10,000 businesses in more than 100 countries.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking3.91 out of 5 stars17Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingAroFlo is a full-featured job management solution for trade and service-based businesses. Manage jobs through their entire lifecycle—from the initial query and quote all the way to final invoicing.
- Payroll HR, Time tracking2.1 out of 5 stars11Payroll HR, Time trackingFrom AI-powered payroll error detection, to 24-7 support, with RUN Powered by ADP® payroll & HR, small businesses are ready for whatever comes next. Streamline your system with easy general ledger mapping for pushing payroll transactions from RUN or Accountant Connect℠ to Xero.
- CRM, Time tracking4.81 out of 5 stars26CRM, Time trackingYour all-in-one NDIS Software, ShiftCare gives teams and care providers everything they need to manage rostering, billing & invoicing, documents, and progress notes all in one place, including a mobile app for caregivers on the go.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.87 out of 5 stars151Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingProfessional services time tracking and billing. Fast & flexible invoicing with Xero. Customise billing rates, budgets, and reporting – top rated app for Xero!
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars10Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingA project management tool made for humans, not robots. Plan jobs, track progress, and spot opportunities; with the system doing most of your teams time tracking for them
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.86 out of 5 stars11Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingBusiness and project management software enabling businesses to effectively manage their operational business performance and individual jobs to profitability.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.96 out of 5 stars48Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingProfessional service automation software for resource planning, revenue forecasting, invoices, timesheets, expenses, utilisation, rate cards, margin prediction and project management.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.92 out of 5 stars49Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingProfessional, easy job management software for builders and other trades. Allows you to run a job from quote to invoice, storing all of the information in one place. Jobs, timesheets, quotes, invoices, schedules, orders, photos, files and much more.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars1Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingTime and expense recording for projects and recruitment. Manage your project workforce and budgets better, and instantly generate sales invoices and pay reports with a few clicks, and export straight to Xero.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars14Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingJob scheduling just for lawn & garden maintenance businesses. Add route planning, time tracking and customer messaging to Xero.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking4.85 out of 5 stars52Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingROLL workflow management software is designed to manage leads, track projects, and give business owners real-time performance metrics that enable smart decision-making. ROLL is perfect for consultancies, graphic designers, web studios, engineers and other service-based businesses.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingInvoicing and jobs, Time trackingSynergist Xero Connector enables transfer of transactions from Synergist to Xero. Synergist is the leading agency management system for all creative, marketing and digital agencies. Supporting you at every step from opportunity to invoicing. It pulls everything together into one real-time system.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars9Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingConnect your Field team, Office and Customers using the ultimate job and field management system for trade, construction and service businesses.
- Invoicing and jobs, Time tracking5 out of 5 stars1Invoicing and jobs, Time trackingAn all-in-one software suite that includes Project Management, Resource Scheduling, Time Tracking, Expense Management, Invoicing and powerful Reporting.
What is time tracking software?
When it comes to paying staff, invoicing and quoting for your business, it’s important to your bottom line to take the guesswork out. This is where this software can help, it’s a tool that allows you to automate recording the working hours for you or your employees, so you have a better view of where your team’s time is being spent, helping you make better business decisions and understand your profitability down to the second.
What are the main benefits of a time tracking app?
Streamline your billing process. Send accurate invoices with a few clicks. Work with your accounting software to automatically populate the time spent on a project or job within your invoice, so you can increase accuracy and save time on manual data entry.
Usable insights into employee and project productivity. Track when your employees are clocking in and out for the day, how long it takes them to complete a job and who’s having the biggest impact. Knowing where your staff are spending their time allows you to better understand how to price and run projects, schedule your team and spend your time.
Create concrete estimates and quotes. Gain actionable insights into the time and resources particular projects and tasks take to better inform your next job quote based on concrete numbers. No more overestimating your resources or undervaluing your time.
What are the typical features of a time tracking app?
Time tracking. A fundamental of any time tracking system is the ability to automatically track and monitor hours, minutes and seconds. You and your team should easily be able to clock in and clock out and record active and idle times.
Timesheets and rostering. Easily set up staff schedules and swap around shifts and track exactly how many hours each staff member is working.
Cost and quote estimations. Track how long certain projects and tasks take on average based on past time spent to easily get estimates for project costs.
Project invoicing. Manage every project accurately right to the end with automatic invoices created based on actual time worked.
How time tracking apps work with Xero
Tracking the time you and your employees spend on any project, task or shift is only one piece of the puzzle. Getting paid for that time is the other. Integrating your time tracking app with Xero can help you send off invoices quicker based on accurate hours and get paid sooner, and pay your staff accurately without the double data entry.
Feel more confident that every minute spent at work is being recorded and reflected in your accounting software for simplified payroll, invoicing and tax purposes. Connecting your apps with Xero can allow you to:
Set up staff schedules and track employees actual hours worked vs scheduled hours to feed into your payroll
Import tax rates and account codes from Xero to your timesheets
Automatically raise invoices in Xero for projects and populate time spent
Transfer supplier, expenses and customer information between both apps
Find your fit
Every time tracking apps’ integration with Xero can be different. To learn more, browse through the apps in this category. Click on an app to find detailed information on how it works and integrates with your Xero account, and ratings and reviews by other Xero users. Want to try an app? You can then get started directly from the app listing page in just a few clicks.