Connect your Xero and Shopify accounts to reduce manual admin and make managing your ecommerce finances easier than ever.
This integration syncs your Shopify sales transactions to Xero automatically for easy payment reconciliation. With your sales data automatically updated in Xero, you get an accurate view of cash flow and business performance wherever you are.
Choose your automatic sync settings to suit your Shopify settings and align with your business needs.
Benefits of connecting Xero and Shopify
Automate finance admin - daily Shopify sales orders for each of your payment gateways are summarised and automatically sent to Xero for easy reconciliation
Faster, more accurate data - reduce manual data entry and get visibility over Shopify payments and PayPal transaction fees
Easily track cashflow in one place - Xero’s cash flow and insights tools help you get a complete picture of business performance for more informed decisions.
To use this integration, you will need a Shopify account and a Xero account.
It's free to connect your Xero and Shopify accounts.
Shopify integration by Xero + Xero
When you integrate Shopify with Xero, the time taken to manually move data between your business apps is significantly reduced. Automatically syncing a summary of your daily sales orders and payments to Xero, the integration also helps you reconcile your actual payouts to give you visibility over fees, and other costs or discounts.
What the Xero and Shopify integration does:
- Syncs your Shopify sales transactions to Xero automatically
- Allows you to control which of your payment gateways invoices are generated for to suit your needs
- Creates a daily summary invoice per payment gateway, without having to enter data manually
- Clearly breaks down invoices into sales/discounts/shipping/refunds/gift cards/fees for Shopify payments or PayPal payments
- Gives you the option to have these invoices paid into a clearing account, while you’re awaiting payment from Shopify payments or PayPal
- Allows you to add bank account details for reconciliation of Shopify payments and PayPal
What the Xero and Shopify integration doesn’t do:
The Xero and Shopify integration doesn’t cover: inventory, COGS, split sales, import customer details, or individual Shopify orders. Instead, a simplified view of daily sales is imported as a summarized invoice. For more specialised apps that solve these problems, we recommend checking out the Xero app store.
- First make sure you have a standard or premium Xero account and a Shopify account
- In the Xero app marketplace, click the 'Get this app' button
- You'll be asked to enter your Shopify login details
- Follow the on screen instructions to connect your Xero and Shopify accounts
If you don't already have a Xero account, sign up here.