Shopify integration by Xero
*Updated with improved sales tax functionality (November 2022)
This integration automatically syncs a daily summary of your Shopify sales transactions with Xero at the end of each day, giving you an accurate view of cash flow and business performance.
Benefits of connecting Xero and Shopify
- Automate finance admin - daily summaries of Shopify sales orders for each payment gateway are sent to Xero for easy reconciliation
- More accurate data - reduce manual data entry and get visibility over Shopify payments and PayPal transaction fees
- Track cash flow in one place - get a complete picture of business performance with Xero’s cash flow and insights tools
Shopify integration by Xero + Xero
Integrating Shopify with Xero significantly reduces time taken to manually move data between your business apps, and helps you reconcile payouts to give you visibility over fees and other costs or discounts.
- 30 day free trial, no billing details required
- Automatically syncs daily Shopify sales transactions to Xero
- Creates a daily summary invoice for preferred payment gateways
- Shows sales, discounts, shipping costs, refunds, gift card payments, and fees across all invoices
- Automatically groups Shopify transactions based on tax rate to help you manage your sales tax compliance (November 2022 update)
- Tracks pending sales from Shopify payments and PayPal by adding a clearing account
- Transfers processed sales from Shopify payments and PayPal into a nominated bank account for easier reconciliation
- Imports the previous 90 days of Shopify sales transactions (only available with Xero Standard or Premium plans)
Pricing & packaging
There is a monthly charge to connect your Xero and Shopify accounts in Australia ($20 per month exc. GST) in addition to Shopify and Xero monthly subscription charges.
Not supported in Shopify integration by Xero
There are some things this integration doesn’t do. Check with your accountant or bookkeeper if you're unsure whether this integration will meet your needs.
- Invoices for each Shopify sales transaction
- Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold management
- Connection of multiple Shopify stores to a Xero account
- Shopify stores and Xero accounts with different currencies
- Automatic tax filing in multiple tax jurisdictions
- Invoices showing customer (payment) details
To connect Shopify Integration by Xero, you’ll need a Xero account and a Shopify store. If you don't have a Xero account, try Xero for free. If you don’t have a Shopify account, sign up for a Shopify account.
- Select the Get this app button to start your connection
- Connect your Shopify store to Xero
- Follow Shopify’s on-screen instructions to connect your Xero account and Shopify store
- If you have multiple Xero organisations, select which one to connect to Shopify
- Set up your integration settings
Reviews & ratings
Sort and filter
Most recent reviews
Aweful - it doesn't do anything of any worth
Dreadful & Expensive
Wish I tried this sooner
Response from Shopify integration by Xero